Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy 11th Birthday to my boy Jiminy!

My sweet loving dog Jiminy turns 11 yrs old today.  I adopted him 3 yrs ago from a wonderful Sanctuary, The Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, in Kanab, UT. 

Jiminy was taken off the streets in nearby Fredonia Arizona when he was 2 yrs. old.  After being held at the facility for the required time he was taken to Best Friends because his rescuer, Tom Corrigan, believed he was special and deserved a real chance at a forever home.

I ran across this picture of him on the Best Friends Network 6 years ago and fell instantly in love:


I couldn't adopt him for 3 yrs because my dog Bear had aggression issues and we were fighting for his life against Congestive Heart Failuer.  My Bear passed on May 8, 2007, my world shattered and my heart was crushed. About a month later I found myself on the Best Friends network again, looking at adoptable dogs....I saw Jiminy and inquired.  His official Gotcha Day is July 14, 2007.  He'd been recovering from ACL surgery and was very thin.
This next photo is a before and after....the picture on the right is from Aug. 2007...the picture on the left is from Aug. 2008.  What a year and a forever home can do!



Jiminy helped heal my heart from my loss of Bear.  He is an amazing dog who loves to give hugs and kisses.  He is almost 100lbs (I have to keep him under 100 due to arthritis & hip dysplasia).  I believe he is a German Shep/Malamute mix.

Here are some pictures of our life together:

Dog Park
Guarding the kitty
getting treats w/ his buddy Maverick
Jiminy's gotcha day 2010- hanging in the yard w/his brother Zephyr

At Best Friends w/one of his caregivers- before I adopted him
With sister Zinnia








Happy Birthday sweet boy!  I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment