Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Saying Good Bye.

On Saturday, October 20, 2012 I had to make the hardest decision any pet parent has to make. I had to set my big boy, Jiminy, free from this world. My heart is sad, but my mind knows it was the right thing for him….probably a bit late in making the call, but sometimes we as humans are selfish. I was selfish. I was not able to set him free until he put it in my face that, “hey mom, I’m ready to go. Please release me!”


I have two other, younger, pups that are missing him terribly.
          Zinnia                        
Zephyr
Even the cat, who only had one true dog love, misses our Jiminy. The sad faces of my Zinnia and Zephyr break my heart. The only thing that brings them joy is when I say “lets go for a walkie!” It is then that they loose their minds and I get the joy of seeing happy dogs race around the house, yipping and barking in excitement. We’ve been taking a lot of walks.

My sweet sweet Jiminy was very loved and the outpouring of support we have received is amazing. It has renewed my faith in humanity.

I cry for me, not for him. He is free.

My heart is heavy with sadness, not for him. He is free.

Rest in Peace my beloved boy. You done good.

Until we meet again,

Momma
                                                     
                                                       JIMINY
                                           11/1/1999 to 10/20/2012
                                         I will LOVE YOU forever

No comments:

Post a Comment